Use the Student Credit Worksheet and Verification Form for an approximate idea of the credits that you have left to complete before graduating.
Your Minnesota Online High School counselor will make the final determination about which credits will transfer from your former high school(s). Normally, the courses you have already passed (in grades 9 - 12) will count towards the credit requirements listed below.
|21.5 credits are required for graduation NOTE: 1.0 credit is equivalent to two MNOHS semester courses. |
|Language Arts – 4 credits required |
Student must also pass the following state-required tests:
– GRAD Written Composition—Grade 9
– MCA-II/GRAD Reading—Grade 10
– Transition: Students who were enrolled in grade 8 before the 2005-06 school year must pass the Reading and Written Composition BSTs.
For a list of MNOHS Language Arts courses offered, please click here.
|Mathematics – 3 credits required, encompassing algebra, geometry, and statistics and probability. Beginning with the class of 2015, students must complete an Algebra 2 credit or its equivalent. |
Student must also pass the following state-required test(s):
– MCA-II/GRAD Mathematics—Grade 11 in 2009
– Transition: Students who were enrolled in grade 8 before the 2005-06 school year must pass the Mathematics BST.
For a list of MNOHS Math courses offered, please click here.
|Science – 3 credits required, including one in biology. Beginning with the class of 2015, students must also earn a chemistry or physics credit as part of the 3-credit requirement. |
Students must also take the following state-required test:
– MCA-II Life Sciences – can be taken anytime in grades 10 - 12
For a list of MNOHS Science courses offered, please click here.
|Social Studies – 3.5 credits required, encompassing U.S. history, geography, world history, economics, and government/citizenship.|
For a list of MNOHS Social Studies courses offered, please click here.
|Arts – 1.0 credit required|
For a list of MNOHS Arts courses offered, please click here.
|Health/Physical Education – 0.5 credit required|
For a list of MNOHS Health and PE courses offered, please click here.
|Electives 6.5 credits required, which can include World Languages, Vocational Ed., Directed Study, or courses beyond the minimum required in any of the areas listed above. |
– Vocational and Technical Education – 0.5 credit highly recommended
– World Languages – 2.0 credits recommended
For MNOHS courses in these and other areas, please click here.