Practice video and soundtrack production online with other young artists
Earn 0.25 high school credit
All skill levels welcome!
Two weeks, June 21 - July 5 online!
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays + 10 hours/week for projects
This summer, MNOHS music teacher Erin Winchell and MNOHS media arts teacher Michael Wiechmann are teaming up to lead an exciting, intensive online learning experience. Youth will meet online in real time to develop video projects, show their work, and give and receive feedback. Projects include a 30-second commercial and a 10-minute short film, documentary, or stop action.
- Youth should plan to be online 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. weekdays, June 21 - July 5 (except July 2), and to work ten additional hours per week on their projects. Most of the scheduled time is for projects but some of it will be for meetings.
- Required equipment: A tablet or phone with a front-facing camera (a video camera or DSLR camera will also work). Access to a computer with high speed Internet.
- Tuition for two-weeks (includes 0.25 credit):
- Free for current MNOHS-only (comprehensive) students who are eligible for credit recovery (please check with your counselor)
- $200 for current MNOHS students who are not eligible for credit recovery
- $250 for non-MNOHS students
MNOHS students please contact your MNOHS counselor.
If you are not currently enrolled at MNOHS click to start the summer enrollment process.
|Erin Winchell has been teaching music since 2002 to band, general music and private students. Erin earned her Bachelor of Arts in Music from Gustavus Adolphus College and her Master's of Arts in Teaching from Minnesota State University, Mankato. She currently plays french horn with the South of the River Community Band and the Dakota Brass Quintet. Erin is an avid knitter, loves to read, enjoys skiing when there is snow on the ground and working in her garden when the snow is gone. Erin has been teaching at MNOHS since 2010.
|Michael Wiechmann has a B.A. in Studio Art from Bethany Lutheran College and an M.Ed from Minnesota State University in Mankato. Michael started with MNOHS in 2014 and currently teaches Media Arts, Graphic Design, and Video Production. Michael is an active artist, working on commissions and taking part in numerous shows. His art can be seen at http://wiechmannart.com/. Michael enjoys working with students on creating works of art that mean something to them, as well as helping them grow as artists and individuals.